I'LL BE SEEING YOU BY MARY HIGGINS CLARK
Amazing, teeth chattering and mysterious, those are all the words I would use to describe this novel. For those who haven't read this book, it is one of the best mystery thriller I've ever read. It was jaw-dropping and kept me on the edge of my seat all through the time I was reading it.
SYNOPSIS
"Meghan Collins, a television news reporter, is covering a story in the emergency room of a large hospital when a young woman is rushed in on a stretcher, victim of a stabbing. What she sees in that terrible moment begins a chain of discovery that exposes the secret lives of the people closest to her."
The female lead, Meghan is one of a kind. Strong, brave and smart, she drives the motive in this thriller for answers to a dead body she had seen and the secret life of her now dead father, Edwin Collins.
From Edwin's disappearance to his presumed death but unable to find his body, Meghan uncovers a web of lies like no other. I have to admit, the author originally had me fooled thinking the villain was someone else but by the ending, the villain was someone who had been present throughout the entire novel., Someone no one expected not even Meghan. Faced with two killers looming over her, Meghan scrambles for a way to get out of this dilemma of hers alive without triggering both of them.
I especially loved where the psychic was contacted and she had to determine whether Edwin was dead and I have to admit, her final comments about his resting place had me stunned, thinking it was the river under the bridge.
I don't want to dish out any spoilers so I'll just leave you all to it. But this book is definitely a must read for all mystery, thriller and action lovers. I give it five stars.


This book is an absolute gem that captivated my heart from the very first page.Meghan's bravery throughout the novel was outstanding. Her quick actions in challenging situations showcased her strength and determination. I also love the plot twist .
ReplyDeleteThe narrator demonstrated a remarkable understanding of the material. Captured the essence of the story perfectly.